Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Happy Post-Thanksgiving!

 Hope your feasting and shopping went well.

We had a wonderful feast with about 20-25 people. It was pot luck and many dishes were shared. Eric made a homemade batch of salsa and I made a 5-layer dip. Both were well received as they were the only appetizers until dinner was served. Stephen was our host and it was fun to meet a bunch of new people. I was sorry I did not get a photo of the whole group. But I was enjoying the company and conversations - I don’t automatically think about pulling out my phone for photos (I think that is 

a good thing?)






Not quite sure where 2023 went. It has flown by. Not going to recap the year at this point, but suffice it to say, it’s hard to believe there is only one month left before we look at ringing in a new year. 


This last week was spent mostly relaxing. We moved from a nice air bnb to another friend’s place for a few weeks before we start our house/pet sitting stint that will get us to almost mid-Jan.  


We saw a subtitled foreign film called “Society of the Snow” based on the Uruguay flight with the rugby team that crash landed in the Andes. It is an amazing film. Really intense and hard to watch though. Not sure I would recommend it. 


Also saw “The Marvels” which was just a fun popcorn movie. 

We enjoyed it. 


And we are really enjoying the new Dr Who episodes! 


Not much more to report on the house or job front yet. We saw a few more homes, but nothing to pursue. Trying to just enjoy ourselves and the holiday time among friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment